Thursday 11 October 2018

Module 2: Finding A Focus

Module 2: Finding A Focus.



So, here we are, Module 2! Having read and re-read the handbook for this module early to the start of term I gave myself a good amount of time to think upon what I wanted to focus on for the next stage of the course. The truth is performing arts is such a huge part of my life it is hard to really home in on a specific focus/topic, that is what I feel will be a difficulty throughout this module. Saying that I've been chatting to colleagues of the BAPP course as well as friends and co workers to get an understanding of the thoughts and feelings that overlap with myself and the people I interview. In my opinion that is the way I will be able to best find a focus. 

After speaking with people I'm going to go over the information collected and seek out questions that seem to be common with performers and teachers, which I will blog over the course of the next few weeks. Slowly narrowing down the overall topic of my focus, therefore at least giving me a direction to take this module in. 

At this point in starting module one I'm terrified about the unknown and the thought of being left to my own devices for the WHOLE of the module. however this time around I feel empowered and accomplished that I was able to submit an essay to which I put so much work and research into and was confident with what I wrote. I feel eager to get stuck in and am excited to put forward an idea for an inquiry later on in the course. 

In the mean time, I've got groups of people to meet and a wholeee lot of reading to get on with. The main thing is, I feel in a great place to start this stretch of the course and am looking forward to the next 12 weeks. 


H x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Module 2: One.

Module 2: One. As explained in my previous post I will be blogging about questions that have often come up in discussions with people i...